Love for Watercolor

I've been obsessing recently on watercolors and watercolor painting. It is evidenced by my piling stock of tubes, palettes, pads, and brushes at home.

Acrylic was my standard medium since high school but it can be quite structured and stiff. I recently started watercolor painting last year through a Makoccino tutorial in YouTube. Ever since then, I haven't stopped practicing and searching for new ideas to paint.

So far, landscapes and silhouettes are my favorite subjects. I have yet to practice more on florals and people which I find quite difficult at the moment.

Here are some of my works so far.




Unlike acrylic, watercolor is flowy and flexible. It's relatively easier to manipulate in terms of gradient and layering. Each painting has given me so much joy and satisfaction. And I am grateful for the many artists online who are sharing techniques and tutorials for newbies like me.

I can see myself painting more in the future, whether as a hobbyist or professional. Let me know if you have any recommendations for watercolor supplies and materials. Thanks!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barangay, Police and NBI Clearances in Davao City

Getting a Health Certificate in Davao City

#KaonSerye: Best Japanese Food in Davao