How Are You?

I haven't posted any blog for a while. I've been trying to post more in my FB page but the recent craziness in the world has made it difficult for me to find time write here. At least for now, I can make a short post.

So, how are you?

The recent Covid-19 pandemic has sent the countries around the world in health emergencies and lockdowns. Despite many speculations of the virus' origin, the primary concern right now is how to combat the virus and save lives.

And while it seems that those who are not directly infected by it are eager to stay at home, it's no easy feat. That is why I am writing and asking "How are you?".

Truth is, staying at home for long periods of time is mentally stressful. We've been used to a routine in life like going to work, eating out, meeting with family or friends and many others. But the recent disruptions to this cycle have thrown our lives in chaos. There is tension in the air, panic buying everywhere, complaints here and there. To add, news (and even fake news!) everywhere are adding to the unnecessary stress and anxiety to the situation.

Of course, I still feel lucky, blessed, and grateful. I am not a frontliner or essential worker who is compelled to go to work despite the situation. I haven't lost my job and our company is doing okay. And I think we have enough resources in store just in case the heavier rain arrive.

But I can also feel the anxiety building up as I struggle to hear the news every day. Will the ECQ extend? Will there be further lockdowns? Are there more confirmed cases? Are we ready for the peak of infections?

These are questions that haunt me every day. I know I should still be grateful and hopeful but I can't help but be worried.

So if you are one of those who are not ill, how are you mentally? Are you just as worried as I am?

To ease my worries, I would limit my exposure to news and pray more. When you've done all that you can to help, turning to God for comfort and praying for those who are affected is the best you can do. Also, please say a prayer for the enlightenment and guidance of our world leaders.

PS: Sorry if my thoughts in this post are too scattered. I feel so lazy to proofread it. Haha





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barangay, Police and NBI Clearances in Davao City

Getting a Health Certificate in Davao City

#KaonSerye: Best Japanese Food in Davao