Visiting the Shrine of Divine Mercy

Today, I was able to finally visit the shrine of the Divine Mercy at El Salvador City. I have been meaning to visit since last year but it was only today that I finally had the opportunity to go.

Aside from lighting a candle and saying my prayers, I was able to drink the said miraculous water of the shrine. But instead of taking bottles of water like many others, I only took a sip at the fountain. It was not because I did not believe that it would completely heal me, but because I remembered the sick woman who touched Jesus' cloak (Luke 8:43-49). She knew in her heart that if she could only touch Him, even if it were only the edge of His cloak, she would be healed. She knew that it was all she needed. And Jesus said to her, "...your faith has healed you."

And so I only took a sip, knowing that it was all I needed for my soul. The water tasted like home. In my heart I know, God has touched me as well.

At the foot of the statue of Divine Mercy 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barangay, Police and NBI Clearances in Davao City

Getting a Health Certificate in Davao City

#KaonSerye: Best Japanese Food in Davao