My Battle Against Papillary Thyroid Carcinoma: Moving On

Today I had my follow up check-up a month after my radioactive iodine. I finally got a clearance to go back to work and travel :)

But the battle isn't over. As my doctors explained, we have yet to learn the extent of the treatment's effectiveness 6 months after I underwent it. We've done everything that we can and could only pray for the best. Some of my tests were not within the expected range so I am under monitoring. But right now, it's time to move on.

If you haven't read my previous blog about my condition, you can read it here.

Papillary Carcinoma may be one of the most treatable cancers, but it is what it is. Sometimes the worse scenarios play in my head and I try my best to be practical about it. Sometimes we try to prepare ourselves for anything that could happen. But nothing can really prepare us from the possibilities of permanently losing our voice, or being disabled, or for simply leaving too soon.

Like what I said, we've done everything we could to address my medical problem. Right now, I will shift my focus to my family, my passions, and my career. And in between, I'll have to juggle my monthly check-ups and daily medications.

It seems like it's been a long fight. But what I've learned and accepted is that this is going to be a lifetime schedule of medical appointments and supplements. I could only hope and pray that God can sustain us all throughout.

By the end of the day, when we've done our best, it is time to lift up to God the rest.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barangay, Police and NBI Clearances in Davao City

Getting a Health Certificate in Davao City

#KaonSerye: Best Japanese Food in Davao