2019 Year End Reflections

The second decade of the third millennium is about to end. Ten years ago, I never would have guessed that I would be where I am right now.

I've had a lot of heartbreaks along the way, definitely did some terrible mistakes as well. But I would not be who I am today if I haven't been through those embarrassing and painful moments.

Despite all my previous medical dilemmas, my knee surgery and thyrodectomy, I'm just thankful to be alive and well. I'm thankful that I still get to experience life, that I can still breath well and hear the birds chirp outside my window, that I can still spend time with the people I value and love most.

Ten years ago I was only 18, naive but full of hope. I had declared my dreams and how to achieve them. A few years passed then and I was past my deadlines of becoming a manager and being married. Nonetheless, I reached those goals a few years later, not because I was pressured by my overdue deadlines, but because I was ready. And only God knows when I was ready to take on new roles in life. True enough because opportunities came when I least expected it.

Deep inside I'm still setting deadlines for the next few years because I can't help it. But this time I know that I should not be too hard on myself if I don't reach those expectations. I know that God has His perfect timing that I should trust in. He knows when to show me the next door to knock when I am ready to open it.

Yesterday Keen was able to claim his 2020 Starbucks travel organizer. I got my own 2020 CBTL planner a few weeks ago as well. Next year will be another start, a fresh beginning, a new decade in the third millenia. We look forward to whatever life has in store for us this 2020 and the next decade.

Right now, all we pray is that this coming year will be a healthier and more bountiful year for me, for Keen, and for our families. Cheers and God bless!

Our 2020 Planners

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barangay, Police and NBI Clearances in Davao City

Getting a Health Certificate in Davao City

#KaonSerye: Best Japanese Food in Davao