Reflections: The Power of Prayer

I used to be a lot more prayerful when I was younger, I think. I was more active in Christian communities and volunteered in many programs then. I was a speaker and leader for many years, preaching the word of God to many students and even parents.

Then senior years (4th & 5th) year happened to me in college. I had to lie low, give extra time to my studies, and pave way for younger leaders to take on the stage.

That's when my spiritual life and prayer time began to lie low as well. I led a crazy life and made a lot of mistakes I never thought I would be capable of. But I needed to struggle my way out and see myself through it all. Although in the end, I realized I was grateful for all my experiences. I wouldn't be where I'm supposed to be if I hadn't been through all of it.

Few years ago, I did try to go back to my previous community. But I realized that it was not my time or place to go back. I would go to masses but sometimes there is a lack of willingness inside. Sometimes I'm afraid to pray because I was ashamed to talk to God.

But deep inside I knew that I couldn't let my spiritual life just fade away. Recently I've been trying to pray more frequently and fervently. I would talk to God again, although most of the time I would cry to Him. People who surrounded me encouraged me to pray more, especially when they learned of my medical condition. I am grateful for having such good spiritual influence around me, for reminding me how beautiful it was to communicate and lift everything to God.

And in these times I've prayed to God, He would give me the graces I need. For every triumph I have prayed for, I know I have God to thank for.

I began to remember the strong power of prayer, and the comfort and peace it brought me. In times I have sought God, He answered me.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barangay, Police and NBI Clearances in Davao City

Getting a Health Certificate in Davao City

#KaonSerye: Best Japanese Food in Davao