An Unexpected Journey to Being an Environmental Planner

A sudden opportunity to take the board exam for Environmental Planning came up to me a few weeks ago. I was asked to try out last year but I was busy for my wedding preparation so I did not have the energy and resources to do so. On the last minute, with my husband's encouragement, I agreed to take the final schedule of review and pushed through with my on-the-deadline application with PRC.

My career shift from BPO facilities management back to Real Estate Development, which was my first line of work after graduation, was a huge factor in realizing this journey to being an Environmental Planner. During the review, I learned more processes and related laws that I could apply in my work in Real Estate Development.

Then came the two days of board examination which was grueling.  I was scared and was probably overthinking the whole time. But I tried my best to review all of the questions before I shaded the answer sheets. After the last exam on the last day, I felt so exhausted that I ended up sleeping for fourteen hours.

The days leading up to the results made me more anxious. I wasn't confident with the third exam and was afraid it'll pull down my scores. Then I just told myself that whatever happens, I gave it my best. I learned many things during the review and gained more connections. I just asked God to give me the courage to face the results and that I may accept the things that I cannot change.

When the results were released, my phone was dead so I did not learn of it until my husband was informed by a common friend. He was so excited when he showed me the text message that I did pass the board! We were both screaming joyfully at home. I couldn't believe it. I felt so relieved and ecstatic at the same time.

As a new Environmental Planner, I look forward to new projects and plans ahead. I know it is a bigger responsibility, but I hope that with all that I've learned and experienced from the past few years, I'll be able to contribute to creating better and more sustainable communities.

AMDG!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barangay, Police and NBI Clearances in Davao City

Getting a Health Certificate in Davao City

#KaonSerye: Best Japanese Food in Davao