Daily Reflections - Mar 18, 2019

I began to write this as I wait for our plane to take off from Cebu.

Earlier today, I woke up for my flight to Cebu. It was 3:45am and my body was aching for more sleep. But I cannot delay since I still had a report to cram at the airport. So I got up and suddenly asked myself, half awake, "Para kanino ako bumabangon?". It was a famous line from that Nescafe commercial.

Then as I took a shower, I spoke to God like I never had a conversation with Him for a long time. It was a mess of a prayer, saying random things to Him about the things I am grateful for, my concerns in life, and my worries. I spoke to Him about how scared I was of my Thyroid condition. I spoke to him about my career and many other things.

Later today, I had good and long conversation with one of my senior managers. She shared to me about the medical conditions she also faced in life. All throughout she never lost faith and hope in God. She fought and prayed for her life because of her children, her family. I was deeply touched. It felt that it was a good and timely conversation for me.

I just moved to a new company and still had to establish connections and relationships. But it felt like somehow, God knew I had to be where I am today because he wanted to surround me with people who can understand and support me better, in an environment that can accommodate my physical and medical needs. I feel so grateful that despite the many worries in my mind today, I know there is hope as long as I remain strong in faith.

Now going back to my question this morning: To whom do I wake up for? And more importantly, why?

I reflect upon my life and think about my husband, my parents, my family. They are the ones who keep me going. They remind me why life is so beautiful. They are the reason I wake up in the morning. They are God's greatest gift to me. For them, and for God, I will never give up and hope for the best.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barangay, Police and NBI Clearances in Davao City

Getting a Health Certificate in Davao City

#KaonSerye: Best Japanese Food in Davao