#KaonSerye: Project Paella

Keen and I were searching for a new place to dine in town. We've been passing by Torres Street before and saw Soul Kitchen  and this new restaurant beside it, Project Paella. Since Keen wasn't up for some salads or wraps from Soul Kitchen, we decided to try Project Paella instead.

Keen wasn't a fan of paella because of previous experience. However, he was willing to give it another try since I like paellas, especially Paella Negra.

The place was small but the space was maximized well. It had a modern industrial interior design. Keen and I sat in front of their open kitchen where we could see the chef flambé.

The menu was simply comprised of a small variety of tapas, paella and dessert. Keen ordered Valenciana while I had my favorite Paella Negra. The we added Gambas since I wanted something spicy.

I thought a P180 per plate of paella was quite pricy. It turns out the serving was more than enough for one person, at least for Keen and I. Keen enjoyed his paella which had a generous amount of chorizo, chicken and seafood. I liked my Paella Negra but I wish it had more meat like Keen's. We both loved the Gambas which paired well with our paellas.

Paella Valenciana

Paella Negra

Gambas

Since it was quite a spicy meal, we ordered some churros for dessert. I was quite full already so I only had one piece. Keen liked the churros very much and dubbed it as the best churros he ever tasted.

Churros

Overall, the Project Paella is lovely and innovative. The prices are above average but the taste and serving make it reasonable. Customer service is also good. We'll definitely come back and order probably just one paella, two tapas and definitely the churros. For future reference, here's their menu :)

Project Paella Menu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barangay, Police and NBI Clearances in Davao City

Getting a Health Certificate in Davao City

#KaonSerye: Best Japanese Food in Davao