Finding the One

Someone asked me earlier why I wasn't so enthusiastic about her relationship with this certain guy she was dating. I replied by saying that I feel like he just isn't the one for her.

Now I don't claim to be an expert in knowing everything about finding the one true love. But I have been through a lot of crap in my past relationships. In the beginning of those relationships, I thought it was finally the guy I'd spend the rest of my life with. But when I met Keen, I just knew that he was really the one. I just didn't feel it really but there were certain characteristics that made me say so. Now to be more precise, here are three indicators that I can point out.

1. Consistent and Extra Effort

There are guys who will text or call you when they get bored while there are others who will always be there for you. The former is only there when he needs you. But the latter finds a way to be with you no matter what. They give up their lunch break to bring you flowers or take a leave to be with you in the hospital. There's a certain level of extra effort being exerted to make you feel special. This effort is not only during the wooing stage but is consistent throughout the length of the relationship.

2. Respect

A man who respects you deeply cares about you. He respects your views, privacy, work, family values and womanhood. He takes into consideration what you might feel in decisions that may affect you and your relationship. More importantly, he does not hurt you physically or abuse you emotionally.

3. Constant and Open Communication

Finding the one means spending the rest of your life with him. A relationship that lasts a lifetime will not flourish without constant and open communication. Conversations are crucial in determining your opinions and plans. Someone who is comfortable to talk to you about everything certainly gives the both of you a good and strong connection with one another.

Right now, I don't see the first characteristic in my friend's guy. It seems like it's the girl who is trying to exert more effort in seeing him. To be fair they are quite far from each other. I think he definitely respects her but I don't see the consistency in their communication. Well, I do wish the best for them. But ladies, don't forget we don't chase men. Even on a modern society, there is a line between being aggressive and knowing your worth.

Now going on a more personal note, since today is also our monthsary, I want to take this opportunity to thank Keen for all the consistent extra effort, respect and openness he has shown me the past 26 months. I look forward to spending the rest of my life with you. I love you!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barangay, Police and NBI Clearances in Davao City

Getting a Health Certificate in Davao City

#KaonSerye: Best Japanese Food in Davao