Being Open to Change

There is this innate attitude in people that makes them resistant to change. This manifests greatly when these changes throws us off our original plans or deviates from what we were accustomed to.

In terms of career, I never thought I'd be where I am right now at this point and age. Although I did say to myself in college that I want to be in this position by the time I was 25. When I turned 26 last year, I never expected a promotion to happen in the next two years or more.

Before that major change in my life, I was happy at where I was. I was contented in being stagnant. I even told a colleague that if I was offered a higher position then, I would refuse it. I felt like I wasn't ready to step up yet and that I had so much to learn.

A few days after, I had to eat those words. I was given an unexpected opportunity to assume a bigger role. Although a week earlier I had assumed an entirely different role, I never thought they would ask me to step up further in a span of a few days.

When confronted with an opportunity that may not be offered again or anytime soon, do I really refuse it? Or do I open myself to the possibility of being able to take on the challenge?

There were many doubts, not only from myself but from other people as well. You will see during this stage in life those who will lift you up and pull you down. But I held on to the trust and belief that my bosses and loved ones had in me. I took on the challenge and stood firm.

It has been a crazy and humbling experience so far. I have lost and gained a lot along the way. I have learned to be more open and accepting to sudden changes, not only in my career but in life as well. I pray that God will continue to guide me in my journey as I continue to face new challenges and changes in life.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barangay, Police and NBI Clearances in Davao City

Getting a Health Certificate in Davao City

#KaonSerye: Best Japanese Food in Davao