The New Coffee for Peace

Keen and I were looking for a new place to chill so that we can work on some wedding details. On a rainy Monday afternoon, we were quite sure that the usual coffeeshops like Starbucks and CBTL would be crowded. Then I suddenly remembered my go-to coffeeshop when I was in college - Coffee for Peace.

Coffee for Peace was a refuge for me back then. This used to be along Matina, near Ateneo Grade School and in front in MTS. The coffee shop was not always crowded. The atmosphere's calm and quiet even if the place was full. The ambiance was nice and the prices are relatively affordable. I could peacefully finish my homework and projects when I was there. Unfortunately, they were not 24/7 so I had to move out by closing time. Then when I started working, it was more convenient for me to go to coffee shops closer to my work-space like Starbucks, CBTL or Blugre.

I think it's been five years since I've been to Coffee for Peace. On the other hand, it was Keen's first time to this coffee shop. For me the interior design hasn't changed so much as they've reused some of the old decor. But the area is definitely bigger, with more tables and chairs to accommodate small to large groups. They also have convenience outlets located in strategic areas for customers who stay for work or study. The place is definitely charming and homey.

The New Coffee for Peace


Menu Board

There was a few selection of desserts available that time. We ordered their cheesecake and coffee cake. I got a Maharlika coffee with a shot of hazelnut while Keen got a Caramel Macchiato. Keen wasn't a fan of coffee but he liked his Caramel Macchiato very much. Which is for me, if you made my guy drink coffee, you are darn impressive.

Maharlika Coffee with Hazelnut and Milk


Cheesecake

Keen and I definitely had a good time chilling out and discussing our wedding plans over coffee and dessert. The relaxing feel of the coffee shop, its close location to home, and the relatively affordable prices makes this place one of my favorite coffee shops again. Keen and I are definitely recommending this place.


Coffee for Peace is currently located at unit 6105, One Oasis, Ecoland.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barangay, Police and NBI Clearances in Davao City

Getting a Health Certificate in Davao City

#KaonSerye: Best Japanese Food in Davao