Early Morning Thoughts: Sunrise

I just came home from my night shift and I couldn't quite sleep yet. So I decided to write my blog entry for the week.

I used to admire sunsets more. I love staring at the poignant rays of tangerine light as it fades into the darkness of dusk.

But for the past few days, I've been seeing the sunrise before I go home. Now I love how the first few rays of the sun slowly appear in the horizon, how the sky transitions from dark to pale blue. I love to see the how the faint stars fade away to make way for the brightest one, how the cold wind is replaced by the soft warmth of the sun.

The new day begins and I am just about to end my cycle. As the day grows warmer, people wake up and it is my turn to sleep.

And after I wake from my slumber, the sun will be setting already. Night will fall again. Lights will be turned off and people will turn to their blankets for warmth and comfort. But for me, and many others like me, the day has just begun.

View of the sunrise from our office

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barangay, Police and NBI Clearances in Davao City

Getting a Health Certificate in Davao City

#KaonSerye: Best Japanese Food in Davao