A Year of Hope

It's been a while since I wrote a full length blog. The last few months of 2017 has been hectic for me that I barely had any time left to write for personal blogs. I got sick and admitted to the hospital the second time around. A few days later, my upper left impacted wisdom tooth began to swell and caused me so much pain. All of these while I was still trying to go back in full swing at work after I underwent a knee surgery barely two months ago. At some point, it made me think twice about staying in my job because of health reasons. But with an understanding team, family and partner, I was able to surpass all the trials and eventually cope up.

Like what I told in my mandatory social media year-end post, 2017 has taken me to my lowest and highest points in life. This year has given me some unexpected twists and turns, many of which which has tested my patience, priorities and character. There were times when I just felt like giving up. But even though giving up was an easier option, it definitely wasn't the best one. Life simply has to move forward no matter how scarred I was, physically and emotionally.

Sometimes the most painful lessons and circumstances leave a more lasting memory. But I will always be grateful for the moments of mundane peace and joy in my 2017 journey. I've had some memorable adventures with my love Keen as we celebrated our first anniversary, climbed the highest peak in Samal, made a few runs together, and did some local travels. We also got engaged which is probably the highlight of my year.

Now, as another giving journal closes, a new giving journal opens. I am looking forward to 2018, in high hopes that I can brew my best year yet.





Dearest Lord,

We come to You in humility
For there are days when
Our bodies feel weary
And our souls feel helpless
We seek You in the depths of our hearts
That even through the coldest winds, 
Within the harshest heat,
Above the fearsome waters, 
And into the darkest nights
We may see Your light
And find hope once more
Hope that may lead us to success
Hope that may lead us to joy
Hope that may lead us to love
That we may draw strength to carry on
And find peace to move on.

Amen.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barangay, Police and NBI Clearances in Davao City

Getting a Health Certificate in Davao City

#KaonSerye: Best Japanese Food in Davao