Looking Back with Gratitude

Yesterday I had a good discussion with a friend about what we've been through so far in life -  the life-changing moments we've had, the risks we've taken, and the heartaches we've been through. It left a lasting nostalgia in me until this morning.

I recalled my mistakes from previous years which invoked so much emotion in me. I remembered the time I was depressed and full of hopelessness. I remembered how lost I was and felt like I was going nowhere in life.

Then I remembered the first Feast Conference I attended in Cebu back in 2015. The theme was 'Coming Home'. Being far away from home and from God that time, the conference truly moved me in ways I didn't imagine. I was praying and crying alone in my chair, praising God after a long time of being away from him. My faith was reaffirmed.  I knew that from that time on I just needed to trust God and His plans for me.

A few months after, I found the strength to finally quit my beloved but toxic job and go home. I was able to find rest and take another perspective in life. I tried to focus better on myself without worrying too much on finding that one true love. Eventually, I did find someone who has been loving me unconditionally, someone whom I can build a family and future.

Looking back at these memories, I cried my heart out this morning. But I was no longer depressed or hopeless. I was full of gratitude to God, realizing that He has finally pulled me out of the darkness I was in. I was crying with joy in my heart while remembering how I felt back then in that conference. God assured me that everything will be better if I just waited and trusted in Him. It truly did.

'Lord, I praise You for Your Goodness!'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barangay, Police and NBI Clearances in Davao City

Getting a Health Certificate in Davao City

#KaonSerye: Best Japanese Food in Davao