#KaonSerye: Confex & Co. Bakehouse

Since Confex & Co. Bakehouse opened its first humble bakeshop in Madrazo Compound, C. Bangoy St., I have always wanted to go and check them out. They have drawn a lot of attention because of their unique freakshakes - a milkshake topped with a slice of cake, revel bar or brownie and lots of sprinkles everywhere. I knew friends who lined up for this and told me that it was worth the wait. Unfortunately for me at that time, my work was far from their bakeshop. By the time I got there, they were already closed for the day.

Confex & Co. have finally moved to a new place, a more spacious one where they can accommodate more customers. They are now located at The Site Compound, E. Jacinto St. That's where Keen and I headed for dessert last night after some kebab dinner.

I was excited to try out their revel bars. It was the highly recommended revel bar in town. Sadly at 8pm, all revel bars have been sold out. Keen wasn't up for any dessert but he wanted a milkshake. I wanted to try their ube and leche flan cupcake. So we decided to have a freakshake where we can have both milkshake and cupcake plus a brownie. The freakshake was only P170.

It took them a while to assemble it. When they served it, I was really excited! I think I waited for a year to finally eat their cakes.

Confex & Co.'s Freakshake

Let's start from the top. The ube cupcake was so moist and lovely. I've never had a better ube cupcake my entire life. However, the leche flan didn't turn out to be what we expected it to be. It tasted more like an egg custard rather than a creme caramel. Keen wasn't a fan since he really loves leche flan. Nonetheless, I loved the whole cupcake.

Their plain brownie was really soft and chewy. It was delectable and not too sweet, just the way I like my brownies. If their brownie tasted this good, I could imagine their revel bars would taste just as good or even better.

Keen ordered his favorite chocolate milkshake. It matched well with the cupcake and brownie but I think a vanilla milkshake would have been a better combination. The milkshake was large enough for the two of us and we enjoyed sharing it.

Selfie after dessert

They also serve coffee for those who prefer it paired with their cakes. They also sell whole cakes if available. It's best to have it pre-ordered 2-3days before just to be sure.

Confex & Co.'s wall menu

My long-time craving has finally been solved. I was really satisfied and happy with the freakshake. I'll definitely come back and make sure I have more than enough room for an entire freakshake for myself.

Comments

  1. this made me hungry. huhu
    Wanna visit Confex when I go back to Davao!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let's go to Confex when you get back Karla! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Barangay, Police and NBI Clearances in Davao City

Getting a Health Certificate in Davao City

#KaonSerye: Best Japanese Food in Davao