#BakingDiaries: The Joys of Baking

I remember it was around this time of the year last year when I bought my very own oven. It was small but it was good enough to bake cakes and roast chicken. It was the start of a new chapter in my life and I couldn't wait to learn new things, especially baking.

I didn't have the luxury to have formal lessons then so I taught myself how to bake. I researched the internet, watched videos, and read a lot of stuff. After successfully baking my first ever brownies, I never stopped trying out new cakes and pastries. Of course there were some mishaps along the way but it never discouraged me to keep on trying again. I learned to substitute things which were not available, add chocolate chips or cinnamon if possible, estimate proportions in making ganache, and many other things. I slowly bought new baking materials to try out more things. In the future though, I'm hoping to get baking lessons to enhance my knowledge and further hone my skills.

I happily look back at the year that had passed and the lessons I've learned so far. A few years back, I never thought I'd be able to learn this all by myself. I'm proud of every banana cake, every fudge brownie and every chocolate cupcake I've made. There is this sense of fulfillment that baking brings. There is this inexplicable joy that comes out of creating something that people appreciate and eat heartily.

So now I'd like to share this joy to others. I'll be posting my baking experiences in my blog with the hashtag #BakingDiaries. With this, I hope I'll be able to share some ideas, gather some best practices, and perhaps even inspire others to learn how to bake at home :)

My First Try in Baking: Brownies Topped with Candied Walnuts

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barangay, Police and NBI Clearances in Davao City

Getting a Health Certificate in Davao City

#KaonSerye: Best Japanese Food in Davao