A Lenten Sacrifice

James and I agreed to abstain something for Lent. We love eating so I finally convinced my boyfriend to give up one, if not the most, of his favorite food. For him it was his favorite street food proben. For me it was Jollibee.

The past forty days was tough for the both of us. Proben was found everywhere in Roxas Night Market. I had to drag my boyfriend away so that he wouldn't dare grab a stick. On the other hand, Jollibee has been my comfort food ever since I could remember. Spicy chickenjoy was my Jollibee favorite and it always made my day eating one.

It was tough for us to look away or walk away from our cravings. But each time we deny ourselves, we are able to triumph against physical/material urges. We are also reminded that our simple sacrifices are nothing compared to what Jesus has endured for us. I hope that our small sacrifices during the season of Lent may have been pleasing to God.

Finally, Easter has come and the days of abstinence are over. Christ has risen from the dead! We rejoice for the salvation He has given us.

With this, Spicy Chickenjoy and proben is back. Oh yeah! :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barangay, Police and NBI Clearances in Davao City

Getting a Health Certificate in Davao City

#KaonSerye: Best Japanese Food in Davao