Remembering Cebu

A year ago I bid farewell to Cebu, a place I call my second home. It seemed a long time ago, I almost forgot. It's a good thing Facebook has a way of reminding people of some memories that are mostly forgotten.

I remember my lonely room in Sedona Parc. I could close my eyes and remember every inch of that room. I remember singing Adele's songs in the shower and no one really cared if I was out of tune or not. I remember my kitchen experiments and the joys of cooking pasta. I remember the nostalgic sunsets by the window and the silent evenings that followed thereafter.

I remember the morning and afternoon walks I took to and from the office. I remember the trees I passed by the lonely park. I remember the food festivals in that park selling Cebu lechon and pusó. I remember our old office building and its eerie ambience during the night.

I remember my usual afternoon stroll at Ayala Center Cebu. I remember the movies I watched alone in the cinema. I remember the shops and their usual sale, the restaurants and their usual menu. I remember the familiar guards who greeted me each time but were oblivious of my existence.

I remember my life back then. I learned so much about myself and the world. I learned the joys and pains of being alone. I appreciated the time I had with family and friends. Despite my personal growth, I knew I had to leave my second home. It's because my time in Cebu made me realize that it was not the life I wanted for myself.

So much has happened since the day I left Cebu. I finally moved back to my old lavender room. I am greeted by a cheerful dog each time I come home. Weekends are less lonely and breakfast is always served. I am able to spend time with my love in the familiar streets of Davao. Coincidentally, today is our eleventh monthsary. The loneliness I felt when I stayed in Cebu, it was replaced with the joy I felt when I came home. But I will always remember Cebu and why I said goodbye.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barangay, Police and NBI Clearances in Davao City

Getting a Health Certificate in Davao City

#KaonSerye: Best Japanese Food in Davao