Daily Reflections - February 24 2016

It's the first week in my new work and everything so far has been quite a chill. But I'm expecting more tasks in the coming weeks especially when I'm finally deployed in my permanent area.

One significant event that happened this week was yesterday, February 23, we experienced a 4.2 magnitude earthquake. The building shook for ten seconds before it came to a stop. My colleague and I immediately went out of the office but came back a few minutes after the brief quake.

There have been recent warnings from PhilVocs about an imminent earthquake that could struck the Philippines, especially Luzon. Other scientists are predicting massive earthquakes to hit the Philippines and other countries due to some planetary alignments. Some deep sea creatures like the oarfish and sunfish are getting stranded in our coasts recently, which could be signs of underwater seismic activities. With all these things happening, I can't help but feel anxious about what lies ahead in the next few days.

I've always considered myself as someone who believes I can control my own destiny. However, the recent events have made me anxious because some forces like mother nature is way out of my control. I can control how to prepare or react to it but I cannot control an earthquake's intensity or when would it strike. I'm anxious because no matter how much I prepare for the worse, especially for my loved ones, I cannot protect them at all times.

Aside from that, the country has been in deep division due to some political conflicts. At times like this, perhaps it's time to set aside the political inclinations and do our best to prepare for what may happen. We have to be ready for ourselves and for others who will need our help.

'I pray Lord that You protect us at all times. May we prepare for what is to come. As we face greater challenges ahead of us, let unity and peace be in our hearts instead of division and hate. Bless us, guide us, and keep us safe O Lord. Amen.'

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barangay, Police and NBI Clearances in Davao City

Getting a Health Certificate in Davao City

#KaonSerye: Best Japanese Food in Davao