Looking Forward - Happy New Year!

2017 is finally here! Everyone's been saying how 2016 literally 'slayed' us with the deaths of some global icons in music, film and arts. Other heartbreaking events such as bombings in Syria and other key cities like my hometown Davao have also left scars in our hearts. But even if we've finally gone through 2016, there's no telling what's in store for us this 2017.

I celebrated the new year with my family and boyfriend. We had our traditional medianoche at home. Of course, the typical superstitions such as the round fruits and sticky food couldn't be missed. There were more superstitions in the book but they were too gruesome to follow.  I told them that by the end of the day, no matter what new year superstition we observe, our decisions and perseverance will still determine how we will fare this year.

2017 seems so uncertain now but there's so much to be hopeful for. I've already crossed my midlife crisis last year. Now I am hoping that this year will be a year of building dreams. I look forward to the opportunities that 2017 holds. Whatever they may be, I hope that God will guide me in all my decisions and that I may persevere in all that I do. To Him I offer all the glory of 2017 and all the years to come.

Happy New Year!

New Year's Eve with the family

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barangay, Police and NBI Clearances in Davao City

Getting a Health Certificate in Davao City

#KaonSerye: Best Japanese Food in Davao