Looking Back at 2016

2016 has been a year of surprises and unexpected turns for me. In this post, I'm taking a look back at the significant events that made my 2016 an interesting year.

Early this year, I decided to leave my comfort zone and resign from my first job. It was probably the most difficult decision I made this year. It had been a tough goodbye especially to the people who've become my second family. But there was a sense of relief and peace of mind when I was able to make the reset I've been needing in my life.

Around the same time, I was reunited with a high school batch mate who, months later, became my boyfriend. It was one of the biggest surprises for me this year: to be in-love with the most unpredictable and barely acquainted boy from high school. We explored Cebu and had so many unexpected adventures together.

In May, Duterte won the presidential elections. Although it was quite expected given the massive support from the people, it still feels incredible to know that our beloved local mayor has become the president of the Republic of the Philippines. There were many struggles along the road of change. But now I can feel that the country is moving towards a genuine progress.

On June 1st, I started to work in a new company. It was quite unexpected of me since my initial plan after leaving my first job was to either go on a spiritual retreat or begin a business venture. But some twist of fate and perhaps some influences on the side made me realize that I needed a new job. Surprisingly, I was happy with my decision.

September, my birth month, caught me off-guard with some sudden events. One was when my boyfriend flew from Cebu to surprise me on the weekend before my birthday. Second was a birthday dinner blow-out from my family which was a far cry from the simple birthday dinner I was expecting at home. Third was my unanticipated weekend getaway trip to my favorite island of Cebu as a birthday gift.

Fast forward to December was the Singapore trip. I wasn't planning to go on a trip abroad anytime this year because of the cost involved and the vacation leaves I had yet to earn. A few months before then, an opportunity was presented to me and everything just fell into place. I feel blessed and grateful to have been given the chance to be in Singapore with my boyfriend and his family.

Looking back, indeed 2016 has given me so many awesome twists and turns. All the joys and success this year were not without sacrifices and perseverance. I've changed so much, mentally, emotionally and even physically. Thank you 2016! To God be the glory :)


At Kawasan Falls


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barangay, Police and NBI Clearances in Davao City

Getting a Health Certificate in Davao City

#KaonSerye: Best Japanese Food in Davao