Daily Reflections - December 1, 2016

December is finally here! As the famous Christmas song goes, “It's the most wonderful time of the year!'

It seemed not too long ago when I was cramming for Christmas presents. As cliché as it sounds, the month of December seem to arrive and pass by so quickly. We begin the month by finalizing our schedules for parties and budgeting our gifts for everyone. Next thing we know, it's already Christmas day and we're just one week away from starting a new year all over again.

I find myself in a whirlwind of activities and things-to-do. There is also an upcoming travel that I haven't really prepared for. There is so much to do but so little time. I'm afraid that this December will pass too quickly like the previous ones.

I hope that this season will be more than just parties, meet-ups and kris-kringles. I hope this year's Christmas will be about family and friends, reunions and remembrances, thoughtfulness and generosity. May this Christmas be about giving joy to others, about being a blessing to strangers in need and about sharing the love that Jesus brought when He graced this world with His presence.

Even if this December will quickly pass us by, I just hope to be surrounded by family and friends, to be filled with grace and gratitude that Mary's complete family had when they celebrated Jesus' birth.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barangay, Police and NBI Clearances in Davao City

Getting a Health Certificate in Davao City

#KaonSerye: Best Japanese Food in Davao