A First Memory

Today, Keen and I are celebrating our 8th monthsary together. It's the last monthsary of 2016. It made me look back on our earliest memory this year.

We were just having a small high school batch reunion at Green Coffee early January. We were seated far from each other. I went over to his area to say goodbye to some closer friends. There was an exchange of few words with him before I left. We learned that we were both working in Cebu but we never really bumped into each other. I forgot to add him in my new FB account so right then and there I did. We exchanged numbers and promised to see each other during Sinulog Festival along with some other high school batchmates who will be in Cebu by then. There was no commitment though. No spark. Nothing at all. Just an exchange of words and loose promises between two acquainted high school batchmates.

I knew back then that not seeing each other in that reunion wouldn't be much of a disappointment. An exchange of few words compared to none would've led to the same thing. We led different lives, with worlds that barely touched each other's rim. But now I have come to realize that had I not been forced to go to that reunion by a friend, it would've been the biggest disappointment in my life. It was those exchange of words, those small random moments, that made the biggest impact in my life.

Happy 8th monthsary Keen my love. Thank you for seeing me during Sinulog. Thank you for climbing Osmeña peak with us and leading us in that dehydrating death-defying trek to Kawasan falls. Thank you for taking me to canyoneering and for teaching me to take risks despite the high cliffs. Thank you for choosing me, for holding on to me, and for loving me.

I love you, always :)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barangay, Police and NBI Clearances in Davao City

Getting a Health Certificate in Davao City

#KaonSerye: Best Japanese Food in Davao