My 2015 Travels

Last year was probably my most traveled year so far. I wanted to look back at the wonderful places, things, people and food that I discovered in my journeys last year. So here's a timeline of my 2015 travels.

January 2015

I kicked off the year with a trip to the beach with high school best friends. We had an overnight stay in Paradise Beach Resort in Samal Island. It's one of the oldest and most renowned beach resorts in Samal. Funny thing is, it's my first time there! (LOL) We played some music, charades, Frisbee and even monopoly at the beach. We had so much fun in our first beach outing together.

Our colorful friendship bracelets

Frisbee at the beach

In the middle of January, I was lucky enough to be in Cebu with some of my workmates in time for the famous Sinulog festival. We took the opportunity to have some fun during the festivities. We attended the fluvial parade and had some crazy street dancing and drinking in the streets of Cebu.

Hundreds of people flocked by the bridge to witness the fluvial parade

 What happened in between was a crazy and fun mess

March 2015

Our company had it's annual team-building event in Bohol. We stayed in the beautiful Bellevue Resort and had a day trip around the countryside. Bohol is teeming with must-see tourist destinations. I was actually scheduled to travel Bohol with my mom on September of 2015. This early trip gave me so much idea on how to go about our upcoming travel.

Enjoying my private spot at the beach

The popular Chocolate Hills of Bohol

May 2015

The trip to Surigao that the admin girls in our Davao office have been planning for a long time was finally happening. On May 1-2, we went to see the major tourist destinations of Surigao del Sur. First stop was the amazing Enchanted River. Although I didn't know how to swim, I enjoyed the crystal clear waters and the view of the deep chasm below that gave the river its name. Second stop was at Tinuy-an Falls where we had so much fun dancing, singing and taking a shower under the 55m high falls. Finally, we went to explore the Britania group of islands that had one of the most pristine beaches I've ever been to.

Surigao's famous Enchanted river

Me and my girls at Tinuy-an Falls

Pictorial at the Britania Islands before our island tour

After the labor day getaway in May, I had another trip with the family at Banana Beach, Tagum to celebrate my sister's birthday. We tried a lot of activities like archery, horse-riding, swimming and river cruise. We stayed at one of the non-aircon rooms of the resort which was cozy enough to accommodate five of us.

 Birthday jump!

 Taking a quiet time by the dwarf coconut tree

Doing some archery like a pro

August 2015

After being reassigned to Cebu in June, I was able to go home to Davao for my dad's birthday. I had some spare time over the weekend to have a random adventure with friends. We initially planned to go to Eden but we all ended up going to Epol falls. It wasn't a planned hike so I was literally not prepared. When we got there, all the fuss and the mud was worth it. Plus, the water was so cold you can put your soft drinks there to cool them before drinking.

Being surrounded by nature rocks!

Almost there!

September 2015

It was finally my scheduled trip to Bohol with my mom and three of my cousins unexpectedly came along with us. Since I was already relocated in Cebu by then, I gave them a quick tour of the city. We also visited the Birhen ng Simala and went to Carcar market to try their famous lechon and chicharon. In Bohol, I arranged for a typical tour to take us around the countryside. Although I already visited some of the places last March, it was still a different experience being with family. I think I got fat after this trip! We had so many good food in Cebu plus I ate a lot of crabs during our buffet lunch in the floating restaurant of Loboc.

 Their mandatory photo at Magellan's Cross

Mom saying a prayer by the candles of Basilica del Santo NiƱo de Cebu

The miraculous Birhen of Simala

Carcar's famous chicharon!

 'Playing' ukelele with mom and the Loboc Choir after lunch

Looking out for the shy Tarsiers at the conservation area

My second trip in September was a food trip (I made a previous blog about this). I was in Manila over the weekend so I took the opportunity to finally do this Binondo food trip that I've been wanting to try. I always wanted to eat at the Chinese food capital of Manila and I was so excited. Two of my workmates from our Manila office went with me. We had some appetizing dimsum at Dong Bei, main course at Sincerity Cafe & Restaurant and dessert at Cafe Mezzanine.

Taking a selfie while waiting to be seated

October 2015

One of my workmates invited me to an unplanned trip to the south of Cebu, in the breathtaking municipality Oslob. It's one of the most promising tourist destinations of the province. We were only able to enjoy one day in Oslob but it was all worth it. We went whale watching, took a dip at Sumilon island and went up and down the majestic Tumalog falls.

 Whale watching at Oslob

At Sumilon island

 The amazing Tumalog falls

November 2015

Our department had its annual teambuilding event in Anvaya Cove, an exclusive leisure development of Ayala Land Premier in Morong, Bataan. We had so much fun doing our teambuilding activities and playing dodge ball by the white sand beach of Anvaya. It was a perfect place for a relaxing vacation.

 Anvaya at dusk

 Running around the beach

The lap pool with a view of the beach

A week after Anvaya, me and my Cebu officemates attended a teambuilding event along with our sister companies in Cebu at Coco Palms, Danao City. I was one of the organizers and I had fun facilitating the activities and meeting new people from other subsidiaries. There was no beach at Coco Palms but we had so much fun by the pool.

 Chillin' at one of their cozy duyans
 
View of the sea by the pool

December 2015

My final trip for the year was unexpected but awesome. I had my first ever international trip. It was a company sponsored trip to Hong Kong to attend the 2015 Business of Design Week. I wasn't able to roam around Hong Kong because of our full schedule and my getting sick on the third day. But I was glad to be able to walk around Causeway Bay, visit Hysan place, eat some authentic Chinese food and do a lot of shopping.

 Star Wars was all over HK Times Square

Street food in HK

Recalling every trip makes me so thankful for all the blessings of travel I've had for 2015. There's still so much for me to explore, both in the Philippines and abroad. I do hope to be blessed with more travels for the coming years. For now, I'll be planning my trips so that I'll be able to post more places and pictures for my 2016 travels!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barangay, Police and NBI Clearances in Davao City

Getting a Health Certificate in Davao City

#KaonSerye: Best Japanese Food in Davao