When in Binondo

Binondo has a lot of good places to eat (what else?) authentic chinese food. When I had to stay over the long weekend in metro manila, I finally had the chance to go foodtrippin in Binondo witj friends. Can't say no to msg this time!

How to get there:

My friend and I are from Makati and BGC respectively so we agreed to meet at the Ayala MRT station. From there, we got down at Taft station. We walked a small distance to get to the LRT station and meet our other friend. From there, it was a few minute trip until we stopped at Carriedo station. And when we got down, we just boarded a trike that would take us straight to Binondo.

First Stop: Dumplings and Xiao Long Pao for Appetizer

Of course we did some research before going to Binondo so we already narrowed down the restaurants with best reviews. First stop was at Dong Bei.

I'm not a big fan of dumplings in particular but I ended up eating a lot of their Xiao Long Pao and Pork Dumplings. Good choice!

Pork Dumplings and Xiao Long Pao for P120 each


Menu at Dong Bei


The place is not very big but the food is good enough and cheap. I could say that this is really value for money. We couldn't eat more though since we still had to two restaurants to go. Reserve stomach space for other food!

Second Stop: Sincerity Cafe and Restaurant

We had to wait for a while before we could get a table since the small restaurant was full of customers. Plus there were others queued outside. Good thing we already ate bit so we weren't starved. When we were finally seated, we ordered their famous chicken, sincerity fried rice and kikiam.  We ordered just enough that we were almost full. After all, we still had our next stop. 

Sincerity rice, gravy, deep fried chicken and kikiam

Selfie while waiting outside Sincerity cafe & restaurant


It was my first time to eat an authentic kikiam and it was good! I had high hopes for the chicken though but it was just ok, nothing grand or special about it. The pancit that other tables ordered smelled great. It's definitely on my list next time I visit.

Final stop: Dessert Anyone?

Last but not the least was dessert. We headed to Cafe Mezzanine, just a few meters away from Sincerity, to try out their halo halo. Their serving was generously big that my two friends opted to split the halo halo. I ordered my favorite black gulaman. It was classic :)

 
 Halo-halo and black gulaman at Cafe Mezzanine

                                Cafe Mezzanine's menu for drinks, shakes and desserts


So that capped off our short but delicious trip in Binondo. Perhaps next time we'll go with a bigger group so that we can try a bigger variety of food. 'Til then, I'll be craving Dong Bei's dumplings.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Barangay, Police and NBI Clearances in Davao City

Getting a Health Certificate in Davao City

#KaonSerye: Best Japanese Food in Davao